needing advice on prenatal health insurance.... please

My husband and I have been tryin for a while to become pregnant, I took a home pg test the other day and it came back positive. my husband makes to much money for any kind of government funding. I have been stressing about this, there is nothin around my area that does the sliding scale except family plannin and they want 2000 up front!! I was wondering if any one knows of good prenatal health insurance. i found one online but i dont know about them its called maternity plus.....

katelynsmother

Asked by katelynsmother at 1:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 300,00 month for a family is the lowest i have heard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• does you husband have insurence? tha twould cover you .
    Anonymous

• There is no health plan that will cover you once you are already pregnant that I know of. Most need you to not be pregnant 3-6 months on their plan before you become pregnant to be covered. Matrnity plus is not health insurance. Its a discount plan. They claim hey can save you a certain % on your bills, but most likely the hospital and dr will give you a discount for beng self pay anyway. Some dr will arrange payment plans, but pretty much everywhere, midwives included, usually want to be paid in full by 36 weeks.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Look into a midwife. They give more personalized care, better outcomes (for a low risk pregnancy...if it becomes high risk they will refer you to an OB), and they are cheaper.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009