can you name this Catholic statue?

I have seen this statue at several Catholic Churches and shrines. The statue looks like a child dressed as a King. He always has on a crown and a cloak. Does anyone know the name of this statue? I am curious as to why I see it a lot but know nothing about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Miraculous Infant of Prague
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• wow how did you know that? You are correct. One quick google search of the name gave me the picture. I have been search Christ Child and Child King but came up with nothing. Thanks so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Anonymous

• We have one that used to belong to my grandmother. No offense, I hope, but I've always thought it was one of the ugliest things I'd ever seen. LoL.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am familiar with it by sight, but I always though it looked kind of creepy.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was drawn to this statue. It is intriguing. I can't explain it but it raises the emotions like the above poster said to her it is kind of creepy. It stirs some sort of emotion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I had never really thought about it but I've passed the road signs for the National Shrine for the Infant of Prague, in Prague, OK probably 500+ times in my life... but we we're catholic so i've never seen it.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009