Pros and Cons

my dh's best friend is buying a duplex and they want us to rent the other side they are very reliable people the only thing I am concerned about is living right next door to his best friends.....I really like his best friend but his wife drives me crazy. It would be an amazing opportunity for us because it would be a bigger (and better) place for less money and I would get to design the kitchen because it needs to be redone and he doesn’t want to have to deal with re doing the inside of two places (but he will be paying for it) I am looking for all of the pros and cons so feel free to say anything you can think of! Thank You

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• he's going to end up spending all of his time with his buddy and you will have to deal with his wife.
    I would never ever in my life would want to live next to my husbands best friend I like his friend don't get me wrong, besides when most men get togher they start acting like idiots and aholes
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i have to agree
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

they work opposite schedules so they would spend every weekend together but i don't think that would bother me....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Pro's: More money in the pocket
    con: But you will spend it remodeling. LOL

Pro: dh will love having his best buddy next door
    con: you can't stand the wife LOL

Pro: You will know the landlord
    con: it becomes awkward as to who will take care of repairs and upkeep, and when its time to move, your reasons. It could make dh lose a good friend. Expectations on both sides get sticky. If you sink a bunch of money into the apt. you won't get that money back out. And at what point does the landlord take care of plumbing prob., leaks in the roof, the ac going out, which seem like a no-brainer with the average rental situation, but when you know the landlord, it gets awkward and feelings get hurt.

Pro: rent may be affordable
    Con: what if you are late one month? Friendships die over lesser things.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't agree with doing ANY kind of business with friends. If you do go through with it just make sure you have contracts.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I really like his best friend but his wife drives me crazy.

Don't do it !!

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009