Why does picking a best answer have to do this?

Why does it "close" the question? You know, on Clubmom, we could pick a best answer if we wanted to, but after that, people could still weigh in. It is the most aggravating thing to go to a question (especially from the bottom feeder links on each page) and find it CLOSED!

roachiesmom

Asked by roachiesmom at 2:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think b/c they think if you pick a best answer and people are still allowed to weigh in, someone else might give a better answer and it's not fair to them! I don't know for sure, and maybe somebody could give the real answer lol but that's what seems logical to me =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• what I don't understand is why there is a best answer in the first place. There have been 'best answers' imo that were not best answers and just answers that the person who asked the question liked. Sometimes people even give false answers and they are considered the best answers, kwim? oh well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah, we used to wonder that over there, too. The need for "best answer" boggles many. I do have to give credit to the team for doing away with this star rating system we had at Clubmom. If you pissed someone off, they would go on crazy rampages and low-rate you for answers like about your favorite candy or your use of live wreaths at Christmas. It was insane how juvenile some people could be.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• wink1. You're spending too much time here on the dark side. 2. See #1. 3. I'd rather not pick a Best Answer, either. I don't know why people do, maybe they don't want to have any more answers or any more views of their question. At least they aren't deleting their questions. Don't you hate when that happens? Hmmm?

LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hey mama. I noticed lots of moms on here have a need to feel important so they post and when they lose the debate, they pick their friends answer as the best, sneak in the "last word" and close the question. It's merely a game that makes them feel good about themselves LOL.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009