Why is it the RELIGON is bad???

Why do people think that Wicca, or Pagan religons in general, are bad? It is the PEOPLE who are bad. In Wicca, there is the Wiccan Rede "An it harm none, do as ye will" which is much more complicated than it looks, and the law of three fold, what you do comes back to you three times. Those are very big incentives for Wiccans to do no harm!!! I guess it is ignorance of the religon.

NewMom101

Asked by NewMom101 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really want to know why PEOPLE think that it is the religon that is bad, and not the people in the religion.

Because they're narrow minded bigots who are too weak in their own faith to learn more about anyone else's. They think if they do they might be instantly struck by lighting (or more likely, converted). If you search this section for your question, you'll find the same argument played out over and over again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You have bad people in every religon. They are the extreamists, and the ones who twist things to fit their needs and wants and desires.
    NewMom101

Answer by NewMom101 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• because here is what the bibe says about wiccans
    Divination and magic
    Lev. 19:26, ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor practice divination or soothsaying.
    Isaiah 44:25, "Causing the omens of boasters to fail, making fools out of diviners, causing wise men to draw back, and turning their knowledge into foolishness."
    Acts 8:9,18-22, "Now there was a certain man named Simon, who formerly was practicing magic in the city, and astonishing the people of Samaria, claiming to be someone great . . . 18Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money,
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• 19saying, “Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” 20But Peter said to him, “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! 21“You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. 22“Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you." Acts 13:6, "And when they had gone through the whole island as far as Paphos, they found a certain magician, a Jewish false prophet whose name was Bar-Jesus."
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Mediums
    Lev. 19:31, "Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God."
    Lev. 20:6, ‘As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people."
    Lev. 20:27, ‘Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.’”
    Isaiah 8:19-20, "And when they say to you, “Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter,” should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living? 20To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn."
    hinson7169

• i also got more if you need it... This is why people think that all religions is bad.. Because religious people are the ones who killed Jesus. And as Christians its not about a religion its about a relationship with Jesus Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• What confuses me most about this is how the Christian religion views Wiccan, aka, Pagan, beliefs. Why are most of 'our' biggest religious holidays pagan based? I know the history behind it but I do not know why people continue to dismiss those who practice the belief as being WRONG. If so many of our holidays are based on pagan beliefs, where is the wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• wait. ...so the bible says that you should kill us. (meaning those who practice the Craft) ...but i thought murder was a sin. ...i'm confused.

"Lev. 20:27, ‘Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.’” "
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• "Lev. 20:27, ‘Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.’” " That was in the old testament before Jesus came when you sinned they would stone you to death im sorry i shouldnt have posted that ... That was from the old testament law SORRY

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• So why would you disregard it if it's from the old testiment? i'm still confused. If it's in the bible then and you believe it then ...wow. i'm really confused. that makes no sense to me.

Maybe that's why im not Christian.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009