Does anyone work from home (ie. . data entry, customer service)?

If so how do you get started?

laura8809

Asked by laura8809 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, you have to be a go-getter. Find a need and fill it. Network, talk to people you know and let them know if they know someone who needs someone or knows someone who knows someone to come to you. I'll give you a hint, salesmen (And women! I know, I know!) are very busy and they don't get secretaries. It's all about what you can do and how hard you are willing to work at getting it. Once you get going, it's easier to keep business coming in, but don't expect to get rich off doing this, you need to have back-up income.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes!There are many was to work from home.Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you may be able able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I work from home! http://www.workathomeunited.com/sbrement
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 7:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have a list of legit home JOBs on my site. Just scroll down past the businesses.

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Good Luck

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yes I do I am working from home as an avon rep.. I have met alot of nice people doing it and make extra cash.. its easy give out the books and phone them and deilver the stuff!!!.. Trish
    rose1239

Answer by rose1239 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have a list of jobs that I"ve used. I test them before I list them, and I only list free ones. Some pay by check and some pay by Paypal (or check). You can read about it at Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They do contain ideas for starting your own home based business as well as resources, ideas and links.  You can check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I work from home and I absolutely love it! You get started by listening to a presentation that very clearly explains details about the company and the biz. I work with a comp that has just recently won an award with the BBB so it is NO SCAM! If interested, you can email me at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited.com. I would love to chit chat with you and get you more info!
    Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009