Poor Kitty

Ok so I just went outside to smoke and heard a baby kitten next door. My DH and I heard it this morning too but we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. So I looked in the neighbors driveway and it was under their SUV. So I walked over and it came out and walked to me. I brought it in the house(I'm such a sucker for animals, especially cats) and looked at it in the light. One eye is completely shut and the other is about 25% open. The kitten looks okay other than it's eyes, which I can tell are badly infected. I plan on bringing to the the animal shelter tomorrow(I can't tonight obviously-it is midnight) plus we already have a dog and cat. But what can I do for it until then?? I tried wiping it's eyes with a wet cotton ball but that didn't help! And I am giving it some milk(it looks about 2 weeks old so I'm assuming cat food won't work). SO..what can I do for the poor thing until tomorrow??!!

MadisonsMom0408

Asked by MadisonsMom0408 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pets

• if ukept the kitten the thing to do for the infected eye is to get a plain lipton tea bag and soak it in warm water and rub it gently over the eyes and then take a q tip or a cotton ball and wipe all the gook out of it...u'll have to do this several times a day..next thing to do is go to thevet or walmart and find kmr-kitten milk replacer if the kitten is that young she'll need the nutrient if u cant afford kmr then a can of carnation eveaporated milk will work to..i would also offer wet food several times a day to see if she's interestend in eating it..also if she isnt going to the bathroom u can help her by takeing a soft wash cloth and gentle rub her private this will stimulate her to go to the bath...please let me know how u make out with her.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Theyll probably put it down.. if you can, go to Walmart and buy a kitten bottle and some kitten milk... then get some warm water and put a teaspoon of table salt in it then wipe its eyes with that.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I hope youtook it to a no kill shelter. A regular pound will just put a sick animal down.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2009