If my sister is only 11 yrs old and weighs 235 pounds is that obese?

What can I give her to lose weight? my mother and stepfather don't do anything about it and i'm afraid she might get sick like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• it all depends how tall she is and her body type but yeah I think she is a bit over weight, I wouldn't use pills or anything like that, I would get he a gym membership that worked well for me
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would say that she is obese unless she is like 6 foot three and works out on a regular basis.

She has to want to loose the weight.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• So many issues here. If she doesn't see the problem, there is nothing you can do. She will be what she is now. She has to want to lose weight to be what she can be. Good luck to her, and you as well. Accept her as she is until she's ready to change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• last annonymous I accept who she is but I care about her and I dont want her dying at a young age, of a stroke or anything having to do with her weight, I worry about her, she's about 5'4 and only 11 yrs old and already at 235 pounds, she wanted to take lipozene but I think shes to young for that, she doesnt want to exercise because she says she runs out of breath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well I am 19 5 ft 8 and weight 182 and I am considered obese so I would say yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am 5'1 and now I weigh 160 when I use to weigh 110 before I ever had sex:( I wish I could turn back time:/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes that is obese. She needs intervention. You can't give her diet pills, you have to do it naturally and make her exercise and eat healthy. She's headed down a bumpy road of bad health and ignorant kids.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• (I am a personal trainer) She obviously has a food addiction, your parents need to stop buying junk food and give her healthy choices. You could take her to a nutritionist and firmly but gently get her started and keep her motivated. It's not about being skinny it's about being healthy. She's off to a very rough start.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Your parents need to step in. I seriously consider this a form of neglect.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes, that is Obese! She is only 11 yrs old and her parents are being neglectful by not helping this child out. I have a friend and her child is 12 and she just broadcasted that she weighs 203! Her mother buys a bunch of crap and they eat it and although she knows that her dd needs to lose the weight she doesnt want to hurt her by saying anything. Right now im trying to get her dd some help b/c im really afraid for her. But in regards to your case I would make contact with a nutritionist/Dr and find out what you can do to help her. This isnt an option for her either (exercise) this is something that she must do such as walking-and yes, she will be out of breath but thats b/c she is 235pds!!!!
    proudgrammie07

Answer by proudgrammie07 at 4:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2009