Is it normal to not show that much around 3 months? because my friends are telling me i should already look like a balloon!

xxLexibabyxx

Asked by xxLexibabyxx at 3:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your friends must not have been pregant, at three month the fetus is tiny, as someone else wrote you won't really start showing until about 6 month but that depends on whether this is your first. Typically with the first it is around 6 month. When I was pregnant with my first, a friend came up to me at 6month and said I had put on some weight because I looked fat and not pregnant, however with my other two subsequent pregnancies I showed a little earlier so don't sweat it. It's normal for your clothes to begin to feel tight but you won't need maternity clothes just yet.
    mmghoney

Answer by mmghoney at 6:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• completely normal... i didnt start until around 6 months!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• at 3 months you would not look like a balloon, you would have a nice little belly and it's nornal not to show much it just depends on the person aswell
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I didn't show until around 5 months! Don't be in a hurry... the weight will come!!!! (What your friends are saying is rubbish).
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 3:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Every woman and pregnancy is different. At my cousin's baby shower she was 7months and when we played the "how many toilet paper squares fit her belly game" it only took eight sheets to go around her belly. At the time I was about 4 and a half months and 11 fit me now I'm almost six and I really don't want to know how much it takes now lol. Enjoy your little tummy while you can!
    laura8809

Answer by laura8809 at 3:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Seriously! Would you people actually pick up a book and read instead of falling for crap people tell you. It's fine to not show. I didn't show until I was 8 months.

Henci Goer's A Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth
    Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth
    Pushed the Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block
    The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices by Jill Aviva Romm

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am three months pregnant with my second and I am not showing yet. With my daughter I started to show around six months, but everyone is different.
    Just curious...when is your due date? Mine is new years eve!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If it's your first at three months you shouldn't look pregnant at all....you might notice a small bump but outside of your clothes no one will be able to see it. Usualy it's not until 5 months or so, but for some it's a little later. This is my second and I'm almost 4 months and I'm showing! But it's more typical to show sooner with future pregnancies!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009