Do you have a REAL friend??? or is everyone fake?

I dont feel like i can trust any of my friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• If you feel like you can't trust any of your friends, then you shouldn't be friends with them in my opinion. I've had lots of friends over the years, but I've realized as time has passed that you really have to be choosy when it comes to things like this. My first suggestion is to really sit down and evaluate your current friendships. If there are some issues, talk to your "friends" about them. The key to any relationship, friendships included, is communication.

My second suggestion is one to be taken lightly. I recently have read a book that I really suggest to all women. It's called "Grown-Up Girlfriends, Finding and keeping real friends in the real world" by Erin Smalley and Carrie Oliver. It's a great book that I just love. However, it does have a lot of scripture from the Bible and is religion based. But the truth is that even if you're not religious, the basics of the book, IMO, are worth giving it a look-see.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes I thought alot of my friends were real but actually like over half turned out to be fake. And right now the 2 I am left with....one out of them is starting to show some two faceness and I know its mostly because of her fiance who literally hates me for no reason. I can tell hes turning her into a bad person. But hopefully it don't last long. I know thats sad to say but I really think they need to split. And yea I trust only 1 friend of mine completey the others I just don't speak to anymore.
    CuteCowgirlMami

Answer by CuteCowgirlMami at 7:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i have one best friend she has stuck by me through all the crap ive been through i feel she is the only true friend ive had through the years my other friends turned out to be fake.....
    mommieofone06

Answer by mommieofone06 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• sigh... the real ones are self absorbed but they call themselves my friends because i listen :(
    Anonymous

• I beleive I have one true friend and the rest are aquaintences (Spelled that wrong) but my grandmother told me a saying a long time ago , I will share it with you. "Friends are like diamonds, Precious and Rare...False friends are like Autume leaves...Found everywhere.Hope that ans. your question sweetheart, Good luck!
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I wish I had friends but I dont. My husband and I are friends with other couples (Guys he works with and their wives) But I never feel like I can be open about everything because it would get around his job. KWIM? Like if we talked about something personal I feel like she would tell her husband and then it would travel to work and then Id be in trouble with my husband!! And then there are the moms my kids play with but its all about the kids. I had my oldest when I was 18 so most moms with kids my childrens age are older and we have nothing in common. (im 26)
    dstny1998

Answer by dstny1998 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my best friend laura embodied everything a friend is loyal faithful truthfull caring we did everything together and shared everything till the day she commited suicide ( wich i knew about years before) either way i think friendship like that is rare if you are blessed enough to find it treat it like a treasure and remember quality over quantity . my 21 year old neice thinks she needs tons of friends to be happy wich is just not the case.
    wondermommy002

Answer by wondermommy002 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i dont have any friends ever since i had my daughter 3 yrs ago i lost all of my friends all because i wasnt cool anymore i couldnt party or club or go hang out..i wasnt fourtunate like most to where i had family to watch my kids it was all me. i cried was hurt by it but then learned that there not true friends if they dont hang in for the long haul. honestly out of 100 people theres probably one good friend..and thats sad to say!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I thought I had true friends, but I have realized the only true friend that I have is my hubby.  He is the only one that takes my best interest to heart.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have a real issue with this one! I have found through the years that the friends I thought I had would run whenever my life got too difficult for them to deal with, instead of sticking by me and being supportive as a real friend would. Now this has even included some family members I have been close to!!! I have one sister I can truly trust who is a real friend; however she lives on the opposite end of the country from me, so we can only do a phone relationship. I struggle with this issue so much, and I long for a real friend who is local. I have some long-time friends who claim they will help out at different times, but we can't even seem to get together for dinner more than once or twice a year! Also, they know some of the serious things I've been going through and they don't even call!! I spend a lot of time on the phone with my sister every day because she has never run from me no matter what; she is my only real friend!!!!
    cet171218

Answer by cet171218 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008