my 6 1/2 month old daughter has a fever

when should i take her in to the hospital its been about 13 hours ive gave her Tylenol twice its gone down to normal in between but is seem like it keeps getting higher??? the highest has been 102.7 every 1 keeps telling me not to worrie till its 103

redivy

Asked by redivy at 3:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe take a cold towel and put it on the back of her neck and one on the forhead and call her Dr. tomarrow
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• or go to www.webmd.com
    or call ask a nurse at your local hospitol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Motrin works better for fevers. If you don't know what dosage she should have check with doc first.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• 102 is the dangerous temp for infants. Try a tepid (room temp) bath and some electrolytes and if it doesnt go down an hour after that go to the emergency room. Dont worry your daughter will be fine.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When mine have fever, I've always wiped them down with a cold rag, then put the rag on their forehead.. hard to do with a baby tho, they always wiggle it off...

If wiping her down won't work, I'd take her to the ER
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Call your doctors office and she what they say to do.... at 6 months 102 is pretty high. And I wouldn't use a COLD rag to try to bring it down with. Just room temp should work. But I know when I have a fever the LAST thing I want is something COLD touching me becuase it literally hurts....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 12:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well i took her to the er this afternoon she just has the flu they gave her something for her fevers an it hasnt came back !!!
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 2:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2009