Facial scrubs...

So my face is breaking out like crazy!!! Im 25 and I have acne like Im 16 all over again!!! Im trying to make some homemade scrub or something that might help.... what would you suggest? Any scrubs that you enjoy, that seem to work for you? I tried mixing salt with my regular cleanser and OUCH!!! It stung... any other suggestions? LOL Im willing to try pretty much anything that will help!!!
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• try mixing oatmeal with some water put it on your face till it dries and then wash it off
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Homemade? I've never tried that. But my skin is like yours. I've got a home microdermabrasion kit and when my skin gets really bad I use that with a mask and it seems to feel a lot better (and look a lot better) afterwards.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 5:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• There's a group called Home Made goodness, and they have all sorts of wonderful hommade things like face scrubs and house cleaners. check them out.

Oatmeal has great cleaning properties & softens skin as well!
    You can ground oatmeal into an oatmeal flour with a coffee bean grinder, sm food processor, blender..............
    Milk contains lactic acid that works to exfoliate (Cleopatra knew what she was doing).
    Almonds~ contain antioxidents that help to protect the skin against damage! ~wooo hooo!!

Now here's what you do..........
    In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add equal amounts of the ground oatmeal flour, ground almonds & powdered milk. Keep by the sink, and to wash just scoop some into palm, and add a few drops of water to make a watery paste and scrub!! Rinse clean and enjoy!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/12056
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer. Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• avon has several great skin care regimens and a quiz to help you choose which one is right for you go to http://www.youravon.com/laurelthomas and check them out
    wildhearted72

Answer by wildhearted72 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009