How do you get rid of sugar ants w/o using ant traps?

We get those little black sugar ants in our kitchen and they are driving me crazy. We use ant traps and they work great but they are such an eye sore. Does anyone know of a better idea?

vnw1405

Asked by vnw1405 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• White vinegar...ur house will smell for a couple of days, but they'll be gone! A lil old lady told me that @ Lowes & it worked for me!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 8:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i spray them with a cleaner, or hot hot water! they are nasty little creatures, they scare the jeepers out of me! i hate ants!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I got this off the internet after trying several remedies that they just kept coming back, I used BORAX its a laundry detergent, 2 parts that 1 part sugar and put it in a paper cupake holder. within 2 days they were all gone and have not come back...
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Nope. I had them for DAYS and tried EVERYTHING, from cinnamon to vinegar, etc, just because I was afraid of my dogs getting into any chemicals. I finally got the Terra liquid traps and that is the only thing that keeps them at bay. They were coming in my kitchen window - so I set one trap on the sill just behind my curtain. Then, my husband sprayed around the outside of the house with a repellant (home defense, I think!). Haven't seen them since.
    You have to treat the outside as well to repel them from your house completely.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2009