What might I take??

Any of u expecting Mom's know what u can take for runny-nose and allergies that's safe for baby?? Miserable!! Becki.Nagy

Becki.Nagy

Asked by Becki.Nagy at 8:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• i had the same problem, my ob told me i can take tylenol cold/allergy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was told to use a nasal saline spray. The thought of that just made me want to deal with the runny nose. It actually worked, though.
    CrazyMom5480

Answer by CrazyMom5480 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Dairy is mucus producing, so stop eating it. If you are concerned about calcium, you will be happy to know that like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Drink lots of peppermint tea (be sure that prppermint is the only ingredient; peppermint is a natural and safe decongestant.
    If your throat is sore and scratchy, or if you have a cough, make a syrup with honey (soothing, antibacterial and safe) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory and safe).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009