How many of your ultrasounds were off on the estimation of your baby's weight and by how much???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When i was 39 weeks my final ultrasound estimated my son was 10 pounds or more. He was born a couple of days later via c-section and was 6 pounds 10 ounces, they were off by almost 4 pounds, so I do NOT trust those for estimation at all!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When they induced labor they knew I was going to have a big baby so they did ultrasound and said she was going to be between 8-9 lbs. She was born 12 hours later weighing in at 10 lbs 2 ozs!

I don't trust them much either, because I had ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy and they had my due date wrong the whole time by almost a month. I blame their estimates for me having been 3 weeks past due, having a 10 lb baby, and having to have a c-section.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My last u/s with ds was way way off. Well to me it was, they told us he was going to be 3pds and 5oz. He was born less than an hr later at 5pds 3oz and we home at 4pds 6oz. I know they can be right on they where close with my other two but I would not put a lot into what they say.

spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• they said my DD would be 11lbs she came out at 8lbs 9oz brought home at 6lbs 14oz
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i definitly dont trust these either. With my first they were off with the due date by 2 weeks.. my son came out of me peeling and over done as they call it. I had placenta rupture because my due date was off.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Had one the day before my daughter was born, said just about 8lbs and she was 10lbs10oz.. an ultrasound tech I know said some equitment actually can't go over 8lbs so it sometimes is a guess on there part... for my son they were only off by about a pound... good luck
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• They told me at 38 weeks my DS was about 7 1/2 pounds, so when I delivered at 40 weeks, I expected a 8 or 8 1/2 pounder. He was 6lbs 3 ozs, so they were a lilttle off. He was so tiny he wore preemie clothes for over a month. I had nothing that small, so my mom had to go shopping before I brought him home so he would have clothes to wear, lol.... Now he is a hoss. Where did my tiny baby boy go?
    corbyzmom

Answer by corbyzmom at 10:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i had an ultrasound the day before my due date and they said my dd was about 10 lbs. so we scheduled my induction for 4 days later so i could have my midwife and so my dd wouldnt get even bigger and she came out as 8lbs 8oz. so they werent too far off but they scared me a whole lot thinking i was going to have a humungous baby!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I didn't have a late ultra sound with my daughter but my friend (who was due the same day as me) was told her baby was going to be close to 10 pounds delivered a 6 pound 2 ounce baby via c-section for a "big baby."

I do NOT trust ultra sounds for weight and think that any women told she has to have a c-section because her baby is big based off of the ultra sound's estimation should SERIOUSLY question it. Plus women give birth to big babies vaginally all the time.

My aunt gave birth to my 12 pound 5 ounce cousin naturally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was told my daughter was at least 8 pounds. She was born a week later at 6 pounds 12 oz.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009