How many of you had your tubes tied and got pregnant and what happened?

My sister is 15 days late. SHe has never been late without being pregnant. She took 2 test both were neg. With her last child the tests were negative at home but pos at dr. She is going to dr on wednesday. What are her chances to be pregnant and if she is what will happen? Will her having her tubes tied make anything bad happen? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In the case where the tubes are clamped, there is a small chance the egg will "jump" and still go down. It is a VERY small chance but it does happen (happened to my mom before I was born and look what she got! :D ) However the chances of the sperm jumping are much greater (since sperm are so much smaller, and that leads to an ectopic pregnancy. She needs to get in to see the doc as soon as possible to make sure it isn't, bc that can be dangerous to her health. Hope all turns out well and Good Luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes she can still get pregnant depending on the type of surgery she had. If her tubes were clipped(cut) or cauterized and then tied  there is no chance of her being pregnant. If she received one of the other surgeries like just having the clamps put on or something then its a slight possibility. If she is the chance of it being a ectopic pregnancy increases. If it isn't an ectopic pregnancy then there are not any adverse effects to the baby.

iluvcocacola

Answer by iluvcocacola at 9:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I know ppl whose mothers had them after a tubal. Doesn't mean anything will go wrong. I'm guessing the dr would place her in a high risk category, although I don't know that. I wouldn't freak out just yet. Could be anything...diet, nerves, any other change. I know you said she's never been late w/out being pg, but the older we get, the more our bodies change & often do really weird things! GL to her!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009