Does that "Chinese Tea Dr. Ming" really work to lose weight?

I keep hearing comments about this chinese tea and that helps you lose weight. Has anyone used it and has feedback on it?

janesky

Asked by janesky at 8:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It might work, and if it does, it will work for a little while. But if you want to loose weight and keep it off you need to change to a healthy diet (not a fad diet) and get plenty of exercise.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• never heard of this one specifically but i have heard that oolong tea is supposed to help aid in losing weight because it's a diuretic and cleans you out. you have to drink 3 cups every day, along with maintaining a healthy diet and moderate exercise. it's good for those people who are only looking to lose about 10 lbs or so.

adulation

Answer by adulation at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Ya, I did the oolong/Wu Long tea diet...no weight loss that was significant, just filled me up and left a funny taste in my mouth. To lose a quick few pounds, I think the colon cleanse does work. Acai berry does not but is a good supplement. I guess.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009