Ant/Bug control for patio?

We've just moved into a house with a covered patio surrounded by grass. My 8m old son loves to crawl out there; I'm concerned about ants, beetles and other creepy-crawlies that make their way out of the grass onto the patio. Any safe product I can use that would be safe around our baby and also our dog?

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 8:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried centrinella candles? You would have tobe out there with him but they will keep the bugs and the other creepy crawlies away from him.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have heard that vinegar keeps the ants away, and it is safe for the baby. Anything else I am not sure of. You should go to Lowe's or something like that and ask around. The staff should know of a good pest control that is safe for baby.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• spray white vinegar where the ants gather. you can also spray orange oil.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the bugs.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009