And this is solved by........

Throwing a couple trillion dollars at the problem over the next decade?
I thought that when we realize that something costs too much, we stop spending.

Overhaul, yes. Spend more, no.

INDIANAPOLIS – Employers who offer health insurance coverage could see a 9 percent cost increase next year, and their workers may face an even bigger hit, according to a report from consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Costs will rise in part because workers worried about losing their jobs are using their health care more while they still have it, the firm said in the report released to The Associated Press. The report also said rising unemployment is driving up medical costs.

This President will starve you to leave a lasting "legacy".

Narcissist?

Yes?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 8:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nobody will admit it Grace. But I agree with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• People should have know what Obama was going to do when they voted for him.
    They voted in an inexperienced smooth talker who is running this country more into the ground than it was before. Does he really care about the little guy (Joe the plumber?), I don't think he can stoop down that far. BTW, my husband is Army, National Guard, and a two time Iraq veteran, Obama's administration is giving him a generous $250.00 one time payment for his service. Guess we better stash that away for a rainy day??? Wow, is that what our military men deserve? I shouldn't complain, as hard as things are, we need every penny.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• People who have "private" health insurance will be penalized by taxes to pay for those who don't. Don't make a mistake and think this is for the "poor". Anyone who works but their employer doesn't or can't offer that benefit will get public health insurance. The rest of us pay the bill. What is the incentive for a person to be on a private plan? Anyone? Anyone? Well, there is none. We will all be on the public plan leaving no one to foot the bill. Can anyone say REFORM?

sick

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

SHOULD HAVE? They STILL DON"T. It saddens me what is happening to this country for I fear it will be irreversable,
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Army_Wife- you know your husband get TAX FREE haz pay while over there and the military got a BIGGER raise this year as well. Next year they are projecting an even bigger one as well as better medical benefits for vets. Listen to Gate's outline, or read it.

Slam Obama on other things, but not the military..so far in his short, very short 6 months he's done nothing to harm the military or make most people think he is out to get us.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OMG, 6 months is six months. Half a dozen months. Half of a year. It's not short or long. It's a number that has a value. Saying it's been a short 6 months doesn't make it so. That is your reality, not everyone elses. That's like saying the piece of string is a short 7 inches or a very short 7 inches. It has a value. 7" is 7", no matter which way you try to spin it. Stop making overt excuses.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• People who have "private" health insurance will be penalized by taxes to pay for those who don't

It really is sad how uninformed you people really are and you SWEAR that everyone else is....Who do you think pays for the MILLIONS without any healthcare now ? EVERYONE ELSE!! When someone with NO HEALTHCARE coverage goes to the ER (because they have no doctor) its You and I who pay already!! This is ALREADY happening, and its NOT president Obama's fault , this has been going on for a LONG time....but with healthcare costs rising so fast, MORE AND MORE are without coverage so our costs keep skyrocketing even further.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Slam Obama on other things, but not the military..so far in his short, very short 6 months he's done nothing to harm the military or make most people think he is out to get us.

And I would say that we are all SAFER because of it.

I know I feel safer.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That's like saying the piece of string is a short 7 inches or a very short 7 inches. It has a value. 7" is 7", no matter which way you try to spin it. Stop making overt excuses.

Whoa!!!!! Someone's in no mood for crap today!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think it is really a sad day in America to be penalized for having insurance from their employer. I agree health insurance needs to be addressed, my 21 year old daughter has no insurance under us any more, but she could have full coverage under us if only she went to college full time like she was supposed to do.

I love my daughter, but she made a poor choice, and now she has to pay the consequences of it. She has insurance from Blue Cross that she pays $49.00 a month for....basic insurance.... no dental, vision, or office visits.....just in case of a injury.

So what I am saying is....there is health insurance out there.....you have to pay for it, and budget for what you can afford to pay.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2009