How am I going to get over this????

So, any advice on getting over a breakup with someone you loved? I don't want to replace him, I just want some time to heal. Any suggestions on keeping my mind off of him or what I can do when I feel like I'm going to cry and can't control it? I am heartbroken but I know I'll make it through this, it just sucks right now....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Do things that you like--for you. Spend time with friends, family, and talk!!!! Get a new outfit, see a funny movie, read books, take a class, exercise.......time will heal you, but time can seem so slow. Stay positive! Hugs to you!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Spend a lot of time in any library - it's not a couples place and it has great great people there and activities for adults by interest not by partners. And also for me, going as regularly as I can to church at a more quiet service that is not a family service time helps me greatly. When I can't get to those services I set aside those times to remember my strength and to see good around me. It's hard I know. But do those two things at the very least as often as you can and you'll start tofeel better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Thanks anon...those are some good ideas. I do go to church, our mid week service is tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. It's so peaceful there and sometimes I feel like it's the one place I'm "safe". I wish I could turn back time, I would give everything I own to be able to turn the clock back and never meet him, but I know I can't do that so I'm just having to deal with the pain right now. I bet he's not hurting like I am though....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you could excecise too. My emotions seem to make me run and walk faster.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• oh op, I'm 820 anony. I feel the exact same way. It is hard to breathe isn't it? A year ago now my husband did some awful awful things to our family with his ego. He lost me then but I didn't lose me.If there are library activities for yourself you can't get to, do a something similar at home. If you can't get to a church service then about that time dig out your strength from with in you where ever you are. Some other moms told me about a poem Desiderata that is strengthening and also for me personally its' Strength of A Woman. If you have family who emotionally support you, a mom or dad, an aunt who can nurture you let them. Sometimes not often our elders are more supportive emotionally than our best friends cause bf are our peers, they too have partners kids that overall limit their patience. I believe in looking deep deep into one's eyes to find what we need, our own eyes, our kids. Trust your deepest gut instinct.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When something went wrong in my first marriage I was like is it even worth it to do this to my self yes you feel pain but you need to pick yourself back up and start over. I cried for two whole days then I told myself I don't need this, so I starting jogging it cleared my mind and helped me to get into shape, sometimes I wonder maybe what happened was a good thing bc now I have a real man and 2 beautiful kids. So don't be so hard on yourself who knows that special someone is waiting for you.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009