Would you pay someone to organize your garage sale and run it?

What if someone were to gather, price, display, advertise, and run your garage sale - would you pay someone to do so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• if i was too lazy to do it myself then i dont need one id just donate it to charity if i didn't feel like doing the work
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I just had a yard sale myself and made almost $300.00. If you have some big ticket items that you think will sell I think it is totally worth it!!!
    Becca713

Answer by Becca713 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have a bunch of kids clothes, a teenager I know is going to organize and price a few families stuff and work the sale. She get 20% of the total and is so excited! Saves me the trouble and I don't really care what I get for the stuff, but I want to get something out of it because I have alot of nice kids clothes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• There's too much of a chance that the yard sale won't make much money. If there are big ticket items the person would do better to sell on craigslist for free. When there are so many small household items, clothing, etc. b/c of weather, holidays, etc the traffic might not dictate a good return.

I generally make about $300 but the one I'm about to have prob. won't net near that much b/c I don't have any large items. The price i'd have to pay someone wouldn't pay me to take that chance. Otherwise, I'd just soon take it all to the Goodwill and take the donation deduction on my schedule A of $499!! So ultimately, I have yard sales for the fun of it. I love to make money on items that have no value to me. lol

Of course, if you are talking about a high end neighborhood, that might be diff. but you'd have to add in your cost of advertising, having enough tables, etc. I dunno. It might work in the right situation.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would. I would be willing to pay a percentage of the sale. Are you available??? LOL
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Nope not at all.I would do it myself tag everything and sort everything out.I have my business.I sell three days out of the week.So it takes a lot of oragnization.Which I am already a neat freak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• They keep way too much of the proceeds.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009