Does your DH/SO act jealous concerning other men flirting, checking you out etc.?

It's so funny how my DH acts when another man shows interest in me. HE always tries to "shoot them down" and says things like "Well, I bet he's just a player and does that to all girls." or makes fun of him some way or the other. It's like he's convincing himself these things to make it easier on himself. lol
He also won't tell me if another man says I'm attractive in some way to him. I've caught things like that before. Guys complimenting him for having a pretty wife or something, and I'd end up hearing it somewhere else or he'd slip and say something that gave it away. What does your husband do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband is a big doofus. Whenever someone complements me to him, he says some goofy remark like "She's all yours for $29.95." LOL. He's just playing around of course.
    I suggest stroking ur man's ego a lot and remind him that he's #1 in ur life and no other man is going to take you away. Men are sometimes like kids, they need to be reassured.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 9:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My man is REALLY jealous if he hears it somewhere else or if I tell him some man was tryin his hardest. We've been together almost 10 yrs & after 5 preganancies my body obviously isn't the same! He tells me he wants to catch men lookin @ me. Not so he can go off, but so he can get a big head cuz he has a woman that other men still want! Lol. He's such a dork! But he's my dork! :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Mine gets big time jealous. One time we were out at the bar, and another guy tried to dance with me...My SO came out of nowhere and jumped on him. We ended up getting kicked out of the bar thanx to him!!! Anyways my SO will not hesitate to fight someone over looking at me the wrong way. Which I think is so childish!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Mine's kinda like that but add the price tag as well...lol Or he'll be like " I bet I could whoop his ass, What do you think?" He's such a shit head...
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've asked my fiance if he gets jealous when other guys are checking me out before and he told me "no, I don't get jealous it makes me proud" When I asked him why he told me that he's proud because he has me and the guys looking at me don't. We stayed at a hotel the other night that had a pool, there was a big group of guys having a party and as soon as I took my clothes off all the guys were staring. While we were in the pool I told him that they were all staring and that i'm pretty sure I made one of them pretty uncomfortable when I caught him staring, he didn't say anything but later asked me which guy it was lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OP here.
    He does it because he knows he fails in that department lol
    He's not very good at reminding me that I'm beautiful, sexy, etc. so it gets to him when I get it from another guy because then he has competition! lol
    Men are so silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It really varies with my Dh. Sometimes he takes it as a compliment to him that other guys think his wife is hot. Other times he gets insecure and jealous about it. It doesn't phase me much either way.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My DH doesn't get jelous at all. One of our friends asked him how come he doesn't do anything about it when other guys check me out and all he said was, "I know she's coming home with me. And it makes her feel good so why be jelous?" I guess I have a weird one. LOL
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Nah, DH isnt the jealous kind.
    However, that said, no one has checked me out or flirted with me so its hard to say 100% how he'd react or not react LOL.

Im not one who gets flirted with or checked out.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009