Crock Pot users

I have a recipe for meatballs. It says put the sour cream in with other ingredients in the beginning and cook on high for 3 or 4 hrs. I always thought with stroganoff type stuff you stirred in the sour cream at the end. Is it ok to cook the osur cream for 4 hrs? I have visions of it spoiling...

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't cook it the whole time. I'd add it in later.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have added it and it was fine....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I usually do it at the end, but I have done it at the beginning and it was fine. I really think it is a matter of personal preference.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I prob. wouldn't add it. Even if you are cooking it for the convenience while you are at work, you can add the sour cream just a few min. before you serve. I love my crockpot. I have the kind that will cook for 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours and then switchs automatically over to warm. This is the best model ever. Happy cooking. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I perfer to add my dairy products about 20-30 minutes before I serve the meal. I have done it both at the beginning and at the end and I like the results better towards the end.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009