Have you ever had a cold sore on your face?

A few weeks ago I had a cold sore on the obvious place, above the top lip. I took valtrex and it took care of it in about a weeks time. But now, suddenly I wake up with a huge place on my chin. Why? It was like dozens of small blisters under the skin. It looks horrible and it feels terrible.

I can't say I've ever seen anyone else with this. Its embarrassing. Has anyone else ever had this happen? How do you take care of it? I am taking another round of Valtrex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• I have never seen any except around the lips and sometimes by the nose. I am sorry, I know how miserable it is to have a cold sore, I didn't ever get one until like 5 years ago, and thank goodness have not gotten any since, but they SUCK! Have you tried any of the OTC ointments, sometimes they can help with healing, but not sure if you can use them with Valtrex or not.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You and get cold sore or oral herpes any where on you body. Thats why if you but ointments or touch it. You need to wash your hands ASAP to not spread it. I never had it any where else, but i know it could happen. L-lysine is also very good with cold sores. Take vitamin C, try not to stress, get rest, drink alot of water and it will be gone in no time.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2009