How could i lose some weight?

Would love to lose about 30lbs as i have always been small and hate this extra weight.i am young i am about 5ft and 130lbs i want to be 100-115 at least.i only have one child lost the weight after having her and she is 4yrs old i did depo. for 2yrs it made me gain the 30lbs and i been on the pill for almost 2yrs.i have never had to exercise.i dont eat much or now how to watch what i eat or count calories or anything.i am a stay at home mom and have no where around here to walk i cant join a gym or anything.Any tips on how to start out small and try to do stuff at home?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• BC can definitely can add weight to the body. Have you had your thyroid checked? If not, ask your gyn the next time you are in. A sluggish thyroid can also make you gain weight and also make it hard to lose.

I would simply be careful about any junk food, fast food, and empty calories. Esp. in drinks like soda's and juices. Without going into a full special diet, which I hate to do, although they do work, you can make it easy by following exactly what the body needs.

Remember that it needs good quality protein. That means eggs, chick, beef, lamb, fish, dried beans, nuts, etc.; 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day and plenty of water. With that in mind, choose your favorite fruits and vegetables and keep your proteins changing throughout the week, eliminating fast foods and junk foods and you'll be surprised how easily stored fat will come off.

Lastly, your 4 yo is perfect for going on brisk 20 min. walks.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My staircase was my at home gym! If you have them run up and down them for about a half hour everyday. Worked for me!
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 11:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009