Hitting and pinching

My 7 month old DS is constantly hitting and pinching me. I have tried to show him to be "gentle" and do it every time, but it doesn't seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?

oh and making a big stink when he hurts me doesn't work either, he just laughs at me.

AmandaQuu

Asked by AmandaQuu at 10:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ignore & redirect! At 7 months baby is just looking for a reaction and discipline is not an option. Is this happening during feeding time? If so try and introduce a blanket or lovie that baby can fidget and pinch.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Dont make a big stink about it...That might be why he does it he like the reaction you give him when he does it.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• "Dont make a big stink about it...That might be why he does it he like the reaction you give him when he does it. "
    I don't do that anymore, as I found it didn't work. I was stating I tried that so people don't suggest it to me...
    AmandaQuu

Answer by AmandaQuu at 10:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2009