What is one of your favorite things to bake?

I've been having so much fun baking bread lately.. omg getting my hands down in the dough, kneading and then letting it rise, its so much fun and my family just loves it!

But over all my kids like chocolate chip/oatmeal/walnut cookies.

Do you enjoy making your baked goods from scratch or do you prefer to grab a box and just add water? I know with work/and taking care of kids it can be hard but I get such a thrill from knowing what is in my cookie dough lol..or cakes or bread :)

Mommy2seven

Asked by Mommy2seven at 10:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Caramel rolls ;) They are sooo good.

Basically just frozen bread dough thawed and risen a little, you roll it out and sprinkle cinnamon on it, roll it up and cut it into 1 1/2 in slices. While doing that, you have 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of water and 2 tbsp of butter in a saucepan and bring the mixture JUST to a boil. You put the sugar mixture in the bottom of a pan, place the rolls on top of it. Let them rise until they are a good size (usually a couple hours) and then you bake them at 350 for around 12-13 min :DDD They are SO yummy. When you pull them out the caramel bottom is actually the top!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• husband on a blater lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I love to bake, I think it is such a stress reliever. Unfortunately I just don't have the time...and I'm on the perpetual diet so having baked goods in the house isn't such a great idea, LOL. But for special occassions I make an awesome carrot cake from scratch, and I love baking x-mas cookies, banana bread, cupcakes for the kids, apple pies in the fall....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I like to bake! I am more of a grab a box and make it my own, it gives me a base to start with and I go from there!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Rebecca727...... that is so true! I have done that to.. great idea thanks for sharing

gramsmom.... good luck on that diet and ya I totally hear you its not a good easy but I can't help it lol... that is my weakness I guess lol..
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 10:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I love baking brownies. I have a really great recipe for both deep dish brownies and cream cheese brownies, and everyone always requests them when we are having friends over. They are super easy, very yummy and smell so good! In the fall I love baking pumpkin bars and apple cobbler, and berry cobblers in the summer when fresh berries are in season. I also love making banana bread.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• tangleballlover...... I will have to try it that way! I usually roll the gooie stuff up in the dough and then slice it but its soo messy, never thought about just putting it on the bottom.. can you also just dump it over and let the stuff fall down over them? thanks for the thoughts now I want to make cinnamon rolls lol
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!!
    InGodsTime

Answer by InGodsTime at 2:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm a Pastry Chef turned SAHM, so I guess that answers your question!

My specialty is cheesecake. I have about 100 different varieties that I make. I also make tons of cakes. I plan on making ice cream this weekend. Since it is over 100 outside, I'm not heating up the house to bake though.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am 49, and I have never baked from a mix. I love to make brownies (with whole wheat pastry flour and zucchini) and apple crisp. Either one is best hot with a spoonful of vanilla frozen Rice Dream.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009