One of the many questions that has nagged me for years... *Not meant to be offensive*

IF the bible is right then Satan was cast to earth as the devil because he felt that he could be equil to god and he challenged God's power, right? So, God allowed him to tempt Adam & Eve and to remain in existance to proove that he is the rightful god... BUT, if that's the case then why is God threatening distruction? Why is it that every time Satan has a majority rule that God swoops in and wipes everything out?

Isn't he kinda acting like a bully on the play ground? You were right so I'm gonna beat you up... This world in majorly made up of those that either openly don't follow the God of the bible or claim to and yet, don't. So wouldn't that mean that Satan was RIGHT... That given the choice more would follow him than God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is easier to follow Satan than God. It is easier to be selfish then generous, it is easier to be evil than good or to worry about yourself than others. Following God is the right choice, not the easy choice.

*I dont really agree with your example I just answered the last question. What do you mean God swoops in and wipes everything out? Are you talking the flood? The why on that is clearly stated in the bible. For any of your words to be valid you must believe in heaven and hell; God and Satin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We are given the choice. God created man with free will. We always have a choice. When the balance between good & evil is off kilter, God will do what is necessary to correct it. God allows satan to test us because He believes in us as we should believe in him. It's called FAITH.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I thought the devil was cast out because he loved God so much and wanted us humans to worship, follow, etc. regardless, not free will, however God on the other hand wanted us to come to him on free will without being forced too. The devil told God that we would disapoint him, and would not be worthy of his love. So god cast him down to earth as a test.

Either way it is still school yard bullying as you said. Sorry I dont want to be in anyones game, and its still not free will if you the punishment is hell as some believe. But for the record I dont follow either one.

I have high morals, values, I am a good person, I help others, I love others, and you know what others love me, I do my best to be a good person to all becuase its the right thing to do.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OP here - My question is this though... Why allow Satan to chalenge him IF when satan won he was just going to destroy all his winnings in the end anyways. Why not just destroy him then and there and skip all this? It makes no sence.

If someone chalenges you to a game of Chess and they win - you don't shoot them... If you would why would they even want to play? Satan won this game hands down, so why is God still saying he will distroy Satan and all that follow him? Why wouldn't he just do the noble thing and back down?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It is God's world not Satins. If you build the chess game, and molded the game and invited ppl to play would you allow them to be the new inventor of the chess game? I am unclear on what you mean satin won but God is the creator. I really need you to explain the swoop down part a little more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The story of Lucifer is just that a story. I am not sure it is in the Bible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The name Lucifer, meaning the morning star, was used in an ironic sense in Isaiah 14:4-22
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• (1.00) Isa 14:12
    Look how you have fallen from the sky, O shining one, son of the dawn! 1 You have been cut down to the ground, O conqueror 2 of the nations! 3

(0.51) Rev 2:5
    Therefore, remember from what high state 1 you have fallen and repent! Do 2 the deeds you did at the first; 3 if not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place – that is, if you do not repent. 4

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You asked a question that was very interesting. I had to first figure out what you were referring to in your question. But I like question that require thought. The simple answer I can come from your question is you are reading the more into the verse. By the help of another cafemom (sorry I forgot you name but she gave me the verse in my other question) I found the verse and read before and after the war. (I use the CYB-NRSV) II don't see God as throwing him down in a game. I will type exactly what the explanation in the CYB says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The vision in chapter 12 of Revelation symbolizes the reat battle between Christ and Satan. In the opening scene, the pregnant woman represents Israel.

ERR I started to type it all but found it online :-) read the purple box. I really hope this helps you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2009