How to ease this mommy feeling I am having?

My 7/8 yrs. old son is starting football in a month and I am very nervous, all I can think of is the roughness boys do. I will turn the other cheek on this but my heart is being torn apart. Help me not to be so sensitive on this. I mean he is a boy and boys are suppose to be rough and get hurt :( (But not my baby...lol)

Have any of you mommy's gone through this?

How did you cope with it?

And what do I expect?

Thank you ladies, I hope this question helps others that are going thru the same thing as me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 12 yr. old calls me overprotective, he's in chorus.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• writeon you are SO funny, I know what you mean!! op your gut tells you he's too young. Why are you letting him. Some sports are not as vicious as others. Why does he have to play football at this age? If you don't want him to then don't let him. Simple. Dad says he plays? Which of you takes care of ds when he's sick? Since I do in my family, I rule. I've got enough to do as a human, woman, mom, wife without putting in ego games at an early age if ever. Just say no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Why are boys supposed to be rough and get hurt? I think that I missed that section in the mommy handbook.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2009