Pagans - Does anyone (or actual path) believe this way besides me?

I believe that all gods are valid and exist. I am a "hard polytheist" to the 10th power so to speak. I believe that the Great God & Goddess created all. I believe that they created the "lesser" gods to rule things under them and that each civilization had it's own Gods and faith because of this. I also believe in the idea that every living thing has a spirit. That there are other realms beyond this one and that they can be as similar to this one as to be almost identical or as different as night and day. I also believe that the beings from those realms can cross through to this one, which is where we get the teachings of "Angels" and "Demons" because some of them are pure grace while others are evil. I practice witchcraft, divination and follow the wheel of the year, as well as hold a belief in "Karma".

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I call myself a Solitary Eclectic Pagan Witch and have a great pull towards Celtic and Druid teachings and Gods. But I'm wondering if there is a path anywhere that teaches these things? Or if I'm on my own...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I believe in only 1 God and 1 Goddes in a balance of things around us. I do not believe that there is a ONE God above them...but I do believe there were many Gods/esses (the same 2 but in many different forms for different cultures)
    I believe in Karma to the fullest and only follow parts of the wheel..
    I believe in Guardian Angels and Demons (but not the monster type demons, but the inner hate that people have within them to become demons)
    I believe that spirits, essences of those we have loved and lost can remain within this realm among us for a long time...
    I practice Witchcraft and also follow a more Celtic path along with Native American ... I also believe in reincartation and past lives...
    I am a Wiccan Witch who has been doing some soul searching towards Diest-Witch (if that is possible...LOL)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I follow(or try) the wheel of the year.
    I believe in Karma.
    I believe in balance so definately a God and Goddess but I see them more as energy not physical beings.
    I believe in witchcraft and practice some. Divination is something I want to learn more about and practice.
    I think all paths lead to the same destination and all Gods/Goddesses are the same just seen differently by individuals based on various factors like how they were raised and with what, what they need in their lives,etc.
    Definately other planets full of living beings and Im sure other dimensions and Im sure they've all wandered around from planet to planet learning as they go. Im sure we will get there someday ourselves.
    Guardian angels and guides I believe in.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• LOL... boy it must be early... my spelling is off...LOL... *Deist-Witch*...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am not aware of any tradition that holds all of those beliefs exactly. Though much of it seems to coincide with traditional Wicca. My beliefs are similar...I believe that all gods are valid and exist. I believe all gods are valid & exist, but as manifested energy rather than beings like people are. I am a "hard polytheist" to the 10th power so to speak. I believe that the Great God & Goddess created all. I believe that they created the "lesser" gods to rule things under them and that each civilization had it's own Gods and faith because of this. My beliefs differ here, I don't think gods can create. I think each civilization has different gods because they view the world differently.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I also believe that every living thing has a spirit. I agree that everything has a kind of spirit. That there are other realms beyond this one and that they can be as similar to this one as to be almost identical or as different as night and day. I also believe that the beings from those realms can cross through to this one, which is where we get the teachings of "Angels" and "Demons" because some of them are pure grace while others are evil. I agree there seem to be other realms & we are probably equally ethereal when present in their realms. I don't imagine there are a vast number & I am unsure what they would be like. I don't believe in pure grace or evil. I practice witchcraft, divination and follow the wheel of the year, as well as hold a belief in "Karma". Me too.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i follow the path of the god and goddess but i do believe there is a massive power in the universe and that the way we are able to understand and communicate with that power differs with each person, hence the different belief systems. The key for me is, do no harm and to be tolerant of others belief systems. When intolerance enters into that relationship you lose that connection with the divine.
    mbaker331

Answer by mbaker331 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't know that any two Pagans will agree 100% on all of these points, even if they walk similar paths. I believe there is an ultimate creative force that is unknowable - the ALL, if you will - & that all Gods & Goddesses were thought up by humans to explain what is ultimately unexplainable. They are all valid because they mean something to the people who identify with them. I not only believe that every living thing has a spirit, I believe that everything (living or not) IS spirit made manifest on the physical level. I believe there are other realms & other entities, but do not believe in pure grace or pure evil. I think they are two sides of the same coin.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm Eclectic Wiccan. I do believe in many gods/goddesses. I think they are essentially the same Gods. But we have given them different identities so we can better connect with them. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that. As long as we can identify and have some kind of relationship with God/Goddess then its all good. :)

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009