hi all mums if anyone out there can help me r answer my qs my last baby was born with down syndrome she is now 15 months and i wouldnt change her for the world but i am now pregnant again and i just found out im 2 months and i am very nervous and not too sure what it means or what i should do next regarding blood tests ??

sineadot

Asked by sineadot at 10:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well they can't screen for Down's unless you get an amnio. That is the only way I know of. But getting an amnio is a tough choice, so it's up to you. Good Luck and your family is in my prayers.
    katfranz111

Answer by katfranz111 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• there is a test they can do at 11 to 13 weeks it a ultra sound and blood work the doctor is asking me to do it al lot less pain full it is called ultra screen nuchal translucency prenatal screen here the the number for then 713-790-1990 the doctor refered me the place is call center of medical gentic and all the test does it measure the fluid behind the baby brain
    mommy2be5132009

Answer by mommy2be5132009 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

mommy2be5132009

Answer by mommy2be5132009 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• did your doctor prescribe a high dose of folic acid before you got pregnant? This really helps against Downs and neural tube defects, which is what my son, which I lost had. I am pregnant now and took the folic acid, a very high dose, and my baby is alright. I would ask about this and see what your chances are if you haven't taken the pills.
    shandisf

Answer by shandisf at 11:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Well being you have a history with downs I would get the Amnio, I just got one May 5th & eveything was fine & did't hurt to much & my mind was at ease because it's 99% accurate for genetic problems
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009