depressed...

i have been depressed lately.i think it is because of my 10 yr old.she does have activities.i am worried about her friends.most of the girls seem to be dropping out of girl scouts.that saddens me.i still dont seem to be getting along with the neighbors nomatter what i do.my daughters best friend mother works full time.i know she has brothers that take care of her during the day and i think i am going to end up on the brunt of this deal.i am confussed.when they are in school things are much more controlled.i am just not in the mood for the lets do this or i want to play with this one.or i have nobody to play with///any ideas?

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you should go to your internist primary and have blood work done, could be something physical dragging you down. Also get counselling somehow. Are you a single mom? If so displace homemakers make groups in lots of places, United Way has different agencies for people of all circumstances and money levels. I bet your daughter wants you in her life not in her face, that's common. Actually there are things in the summer...volunteer your dd or yourself in different places - library, 4H. Your allowed to tell daughter limits for a long time. Call your doctor too. Feel better, mom. I have three kids, youngest is a teen. It's not easy I know. Do what you need to with your doctor and the community to teach your beautiful daughter self strength and self respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I know it can be frustrating, but one day you'll miss them bugging you to do stuff. I would see a doctor and talk about the depression. It happens and there are things you can do with and without medicine to feel better if you do have clinical depression. Exercise is a great mood elevator, so maybe you can take your daughter for a walk or go play at the park. Also, the library in our city has some fun, free activities for kids. Maybe you can take her there and get some quiet time for yourself reading magazines. Hang in there.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009