does anyone know the exact bible verse of Lucifer?

I seem to remember it differently than others and want to check it out. When I put story of Lucifer getting kicked out of heaven I wasn't given an accurate verse. I did not look that hard tho cause I have a slow computer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP here-Is this story even real. the more I read and search the bible I don't see the name of Lucifer mentioned. In fact in my searches I can only find the name of Lucifer in the KJV. Like I said my computer is slow so someone might get the info before me, but I don't see this story in the Bible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The name Lucifer isn't in the bible. Only Satan...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• In King James Isiah 14:12-15 uses the name Lucifer
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• (1.00) Isa 14:12
    Look how you have fallen from the sky, O shining one, son of the dawn! 1 You have been cut down to the ground, O conqueror 2 of the nations! 3

(0.51) Rev 2:5
    Therefore, remember from what high state 1 you have fallen and repent! Do 2 the deeds you did at the first; 3 if not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place – that is, if you do not repent. 4

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OP-interesting. You learn something new every day! This is s story told and told again but it is not even in the Bible. but lampstand? ok i have to do a few more google searches on that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The verse you are looking for, which describes Satan being thrown out of Heaven?

Revelation 12: 7And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

The name Lucifer appears in the KJV in Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

The name Lucifer appears nowhere in the NIV version or other versions. Is this what you were searching for?
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yep -that is what I was looking for -thanks. Interesting stuff we learn from the time we are children just are not true. I am going to read verses before and after this in the printed bible. It is easier to flip pages in books than virtual. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If you want more information on that sort of thing I would just read the entire book of Revelation.
    It is not that long and provides a lot of insight and details about the end of days and the Antichrist.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• In the nt Jesus mentioned seeing Satan fall from Heaven like Lightening as well , He called him Satan but Lucifer was his name before falling. The reason its not mentioned much is because he goes by his new name.. Satan the Evil One.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah, Isaiah 14:12-17 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; [That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners? "
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009