Does your child do this too?

My eleven month old daughter is VERY loud, when we are in a restraunt or any building in general she YELLS all the time, shes so loud, I think she likes the echo but im not sure. Is this normal? She even yells at people!! (of course she cant talk really so its just dada most of the time)

Ilovemybbgrl

Asked by Ilovemybbgrl at 3:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY LITTLE BROTHER YELLED ALL THE TIME AND WE FOUND OUT IT WAS BECAUSE HE HAD A HEARING PROBLEM.
    AIMIE489

Answer by AIMIE489 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yep. She's learning to control the volume of her voice and learning that she has the ability to change it. Has she started the screeching yet? That is just a BLAST!
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• lol same age as my son and he does the exact same thing.
    Mami2LelanChloe

Answer by Mami2LelanChloe at 3:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I think it's normal. If she is not talking much yet, then it sounds like she is really finding her voice and enjoying it. She will quiet down eventually, once she learns that dicipline. My daughter was the same.
    amoremio

Answer by amoremio at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It might be wise to have your child's hearing checked - just to be sure. Otherwise, when she yells you should say, "Dear, you are too loud (in a soft, whispery voice). Talk softer, don't yell. Shhhhh" or something like that. And every time she goes to yell you say that and she'll soon learn that "oh! When I yell, mommy talks to me, maybe I shouldn't do that!"
    Anonymous

• Mark does it all the time. He just turned 1. He thinks it's funny. He doesn't have a hearing problem at all. He just does it because he wants other people's attention or he thinks he's being funny. I always tell Mark that he needs to use his inside voice when wer'e inside and it works for the most part. I think it may just be a phase.
    morgan078681

Answer by morgan078681 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My son Damien which is 7 months old has just started to do this. Today in walmart he was doing his usual "aaaaahhhhh" which is always no louder then normal conversation. then it went up a whole octive and then a decible or twelve, lol. It is just their way of learnign to control their speach and volume. Plus, it will get some laughs. lol
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 6:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2008