If you believe in hell...

Who is supposedly torturing those that go there? It doesn't make any sence that the Devil would be doing it, because those people are on his side... Like Hittler or Constintine or Charlemagne all comitted horrid acts of violence and hate... Wouldn't Satan approve of their deeds and welcome them to Hell? So, why would they be tortured? If you die and go to heaven as an angel wouldn't it make sence that you would die and go to hell as a demon?

So, why the fear of torture? Or is God doing that??

I'm not trying to start a big fight of bash fest... But this has been buggin' me cause it makes no sence to me.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe all the bad people are there (of course some good probably go there too, not for me to say) and the bad people torture each other. No police, no protection just whatever they want to do. Maybe it is just a separation from God, which may not sound like torture to us, but we have no idea what he saves us from daily. Maybe it is all just an absence of love and it is full of hate and deceit

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Lucifer or Satan doesn't make sense in human terms. You are thinking like a human with a conscience, Satan doesn't have one. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Really? I think they each torture each other. There's no way out. They're contract was made once they tortured the good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hell is hell because God isn't there. The absence of His presence is torture.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have this book called; A Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary Baxter.There it talks about the different levels and places in Hell.For this one witch she was bound in a cell where she was tortured by Satan everyday.She would say,but Satan I worshipped you and you promised me you would let me share your kingdom after I died.Satan laughed at her and said; I would never share my kingdom with you, this is your kingdom and he slammed the cell door in her face and the whole cell was filled with fire.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with TeaAnderson. Being eternally separated from God is torture.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'd like to think that we are already in hell as hot as it is here in Texas.

The stupid devil will not invite you to hell he'll probably say get your ass over there and get to work and start having his servants to start giving you pain.

But I know what you mean I have wondered that too. I just want to focus on Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ :)

Good response TeaAnderson :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Satan doesn't torture people in hell. He is going to be tortured there. Hell is a place that the Lord is preparing for Satan and the fallen angels (demons) to be tortured forever. Anyone who rejects the Lord's offer and conditions for entry into heaven will go with Satan.

It is a misconception that Satan is the "god" of hell. He is not in hell yet, he is roaming around the earth trying to destroy people and lead them away from God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The Bible describes "hell" as a place of...

--outer darkness (Matthew 25:30)

--weeping (Matthew 8:12)

--wailing (Matthew 13:42)

--gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:50)

--flames (Luke 16:24)

--everlasting fire (Matthew 25:46)

--a furnace of fire (Matthew 13:42)

--separation from the righteous (Matthew 25:46)

--eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

--torment (Luke 16:23)

--everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46)

--and as the lake of fire burning with brimstone (Revelation 19:20)

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The Bible seems to exhaust the human language describing just how awful of a place hell will be.Who said these things about hell? Peter? No. Luke? No. All but two of these descriptions I just read to you were uttered by Jesus Himself. Jesus had more to say about hell than He did about heaven!

In spite of the Bible's clarity on this issue, Satan has deceived millions of people into believing a variety of other softer options. Satan, "the father of lies" (John 8:44) never ceases to take advantage of those who are willing to lay aside Biblical revelation for something that is more palatable.

All of these beliefs that reject the idea of hell share a common idea or lie behind them: "There's no need to really worry about what awaits you or the others after death."

from www.alwaysbeready.com
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009