very restless sleeper

My son is 12 months old. He has been a restless sleeper his whole life now. My sister recently watched him sleep and let me know that it was not normal and that there might be something wrong. He sleeps with my husband and I in our king sized bed. This is not what we wanted for this long, but we tried a week of him in his own room and no one slept.. at all.. He has never even considered sleeping in his crib. He doens't wake a whole lot anymore, he just can't be still. His arms and legs move constantly and he flips and flops. But his eyes stay closed. I have become used to it as this is how it has been his whole life, but now I am concerned there may be a problem. I talked to my pedi about it, and she said there is nothing that can be done until he is 3 years. We have tried everything.. feeding him when he wakes (he is never hungry), covering him up, uncovering him, music, white noise... help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wish I could be of more use.. my daughter sleeps in her crib for the most part, but I hear her toss and turn on the monitor alot, and she's up frequently at night.. she also moves around alot during her nap when she sleeps on the bed with me.. we've decided she's having nightmares, only because she'll wake up screaming but be fine and fall back asleep as soon as I pick her up.

If you aren't satisfied with your doctors opinion, try seeing a different doctor.. if you really feel like something is wrong, then take it upon yourself to figure out what!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Sometimes my daughter sleeps that restless too. Though it is usually only when she is sleeping with us, she tosses and turns with us, but rarely tosses and turns in her own crib. I dont think there is anything to worry about as long as he is getting a good nights sleep. If you are concerned you could get a second opinion from another pedi or look up sleeping problems on line. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009