Teething Question

My son is 5 1/2 months and has started teething :( during the day for most part is happy with a few periods of extreme fussiness. I give him teething tablets, teething rings both from refrig and freezer. I have given him cold wash cloths as well. If the teething tablets don't help then I give him tylenol. He also chews on toys all the time too. This helps during the day but what can I do at night to help him sleep better? Or am I out of luck til its all done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We bought my son a baltic amber teething necklace and it has worked wonders. They don't chew on it but wear it... it warms with the bodies heat and releases an oil that has a natural pain killer that the body absorbs.
    We take it off before bed but it still seems to help... with his last 2 teeth there was less drool, chewing and fussiness and nights went well too.
    With his first 4 teeth he was so cranky we were giving him Tylenol, motrin and teething drops as often as we could and it didn't do much to help him... with the necklace he got medication 1 time only the day the teeth came through
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009