Do you think the name Ava is to common??

We love this name!! We do not know any one with this name but I hear it is REALLY common?? What do you think?

We were thinking either: Ava Marie or Ava Preslie

We also like Jada Marie

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I like Ava, but it is kinda popular. There are 2 or 3 at my daughters mother's morning out. But if you really like it that's all that matters. I like Jada, too it is close to my daughters name Jaylyn.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I only know of one and she was born two yrs ago this month.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I do know of ONE baby named Ava up in Alaska. But she is the first & only. It is NOT common, but not totally rare. I LOVE the name though...really, really do! I think you should go for it!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Oooh I like Ava Preslie. But it is pretty common now-a-days. My sister named my niece Ava and she says that anytime they go to a place with kids there are at least 5 other Avas.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It's very pretty. I've also heard it's common, but I don't know any. You can check for popularity by state on the social security website; it may be regionally popular.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Sure it's popular. It's also feminine and classic. It will stand the test of time. The popularity of it speaks to the fact that the name is in good taste. I have a new neice named Ava. It's a lovely name for a lovely girl.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 12:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was going to name my next dd that. It's an old name (aka Ava Gardener) but everyone I know has this name now, so I'd rethink it, personally.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 1:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• There are two in my son's preschool class. Ava D. tells everyone that her name is "Ava D period" when she's asked.

Ava P. tells people her name is "Ava P".
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Ava is #2 on the top ten list of the most popular baby names of 2008....but it is a pretty name. My niece is an Ava, and now my SIL is really pissed that there are so many other Ava's out there!
    Anonymous

• I think it's a lovely name. It is in the popular list, but I have only actually met one Ava in the past few years.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009