How can I introduce combo food if I can't introduce the foods separately? How would you do it?

I found some organic baby food on clearance for 22c a jar, plus I had a coupon, so I got a whole ton for nearly free. The flavor is "Veggies, Turkey and Barley". The ingredients are carrots, green beans, turkey, and barley. She has been eating carrots and green beans for awhile, but they do not sell turkey or barley by itself, so can I go ahead and try this? She is 6 months old, and has been eating solids since she was 3 months. How long would you wait before introducing turkey and barley? It is a Gerber 2nd foods, which she is already eating 2nd foods.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's up to you. With my son I tried to introduce 1 new food in a combo food at a time... but sometimes, like with your food, he got 2 at once.
    The greatest risk is you won't know which food caused a reaction if she has one
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• They do sell barley by itself but not all stores carry it. It's up at the top, with the baby rice cereal and baby oatmeal cereal.

But both barley and turkey are very (VERY) low risk foods for allergies. If you don't want to buy a jar of baby food turkey (I've seen that too) or a box of barley cereal, I think it will be fine to give her the mixed food.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree. Sometimes DD would get a miltimple ingredient dish but I'd still watch for a reaction. If there had been one I would have discontinued and seperate the ingredients. Thankfully DD was onlly allergic to weird things like pumpkin and garbonzo beans.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009