• In the Spotlight:

Where can I find a chart for what ages to introduce different foods? As in meats, citrus, tomatoes, wheat, oats, etc....

There are loads of baby foods out there, but I have no idea when she can eat certain things. Like I bought some baby food mangos, but when I got home it said mango "dessert", so it's not 100% mango. And I bought squash, not realizing it had corn in it. I bought some combo foods, but it's got turkey and barley in it. Anyone know where I can find a website or a chart that says when it's ok to introduce different foods than the normal fruits and veggies?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really like this chart:

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solids2.htm
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm sure there are guides online but here's what my doctor told me to do:
    Start with the cereals: rice, baby oatmeal, barley.
    Then give the veggies so she gets used to their stronger taste before discovering the sweet fruits
    Last, give the fruits.
    He said the baby meats aren't needed and I was glad - they smell like cat food.
    There wer no real age guidlines but since each new food should be given for at least 3 days before moving on, going through all of the choices can take several months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2009