How can I get her to take the bottle again?

My 3 month old is ebf, she was in daycare a month and during that time I pumped and she drank my milk out of bottles. Well I stopped working to stay home, since then she only eats from me. Last night hubby and I went to eat and she stayed w/ my in-laws. I left them with two bottles of pumped breastmilk. She refused them! I tried to give her the bottle when we got home - she refused it from me too, but then ate direct from me as if she was starving.
I don't know what to do. My in laws want to keep her more and it'd be nice to have a two hour break during the week and have them watch her. But it really upsets me to think my little one is hungry and not taking the bottle.
Anyone experience something like this? How can I get her to eat out of the bottle again?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This has happened t me after last semester of school aas this summer I'm not taking any classes (yay) but at the same time she stared to refuse bottles . Make surethey are pacing the bottle feedings and warmng the milk. (dh conveiniently forgets to do this) . I know DD would be perfectly happy with waiting for me to get home from work (I work on the weekends) to nurse and one time I didnt wantot waste the bm so Ii fed her her bottle and she flat out refused it from me. So its pretty common. I think she will pick up on the botttle again, just give it some time.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009