Did you see this? 21 year old adult and 3 older teens attack 12 year old boy scout at camp--force him to drink urine

What do you think of this? A 21 year old adult and 3 teenagers held down a 12 year old and made him drink urine for supposedly making a verbal racial slur to another boy scout.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090615/ARTICLES/906159973

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• after the stories my DH has told me about boy scouts i will never let any future son of mine get involved (unless my DH is w/ him). which is sad b/c the boy scouts stand for such good things. my DH never had anything done to him, but he heard & saw things no young child should EVER have to see.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That's awful!!! Could do serious emotional damage to that poor boy!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• There's always at least one bad apple in every bunch. Let's eliminate the Boy Scout Organization! sarcasm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That's so sad - that poor kid.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We had a boy scout incident in our town years ago. I would not allow my 12 year old to go away to any camp these days. My younger brother was raped by a male police officer at a camp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Need jail time for all the boys.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That is why I send my husband as the leader to protect my child and look after his friends. I am curious if a background check would show anything on the 21 y.o. because the leaders are not fingerprinted and they should be. I think that is why they like my husband going because he has had background checks run on him for coaching.

As for the 21 y.o. I say charge him with kidnapping, assult and anything else they can think of. They need to start setting examples and make him be held accountable. I don't care if the kid called someone a racial slur. He is a CHILD and needs guidance not someone's sick sense of justice. The other two boys I think need to send the rest of their teenage years and maybe a few more in jail. I know some think it maybe harsh but kids do this because they think they can get away with it. I say set examples. Maybe do lashings like they do in Singapore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with gammie. Maybe they will see the other side of their actions...
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 12:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Oh great, more fuel for the Scout haters.
    Anonymous