My daughter is a rapists baby...

I was raped and got pregnant. My husband and I weren't married yet. We had the baby knowing that it was very possible it wasn't my husbands. We chose not to tell anyone for many reasons. Mostly for our daughters future. We didn't want her to know. Plus, who wants their entire family to look at them with pitty. Let your mind wander. You can think of all the reasons without me telling you. Anyways, flash forward. My daughter is 1 yr old and she's tall plus her skin in a little tan. (Not ethnic, just tan). My MIL is getting suspicious. Asking a lot of questions. I'm terrified. I really don't want this to come out. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your mil ever ever dna'd your baby herself I'd sue her for emotional distress, invasion of privacy, illegally doing a medical test on an underage child without your consent... Just tell her the baby is your husband's and yours. Nothing else. You don't owe her any thing. If you told any friends though after the rape that you were continuing with the pregnancy those things could not be kept secret possibly. If you ever feel its' best to tell mil I'd go into counselling and bring in mil and tell her in a counselling session with your husband there as your support demanding her to honor the innocense of baby and also you as the rape victim plus that she honors her own son's love for you.

Anonymous

• You and your DH tell HIS mother to keep her nose out of your business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yeah, if your husband doesn't deny her then tell your MIL to butt the f*ck out!!
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Thanks ladies. i really appreciate it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Me again...I just worry because I know all she would have to do is swab her mouth and then the babies and get the facts herself...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I wouldnt worry, chances are, she not going to swab her mouth....and if she does, I guess I would just deal with that at that point. If she is persistant, you may have to let it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You are brave!! I would tell her to mind her own dang on business!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Anon 11:01: Thank you so much. That was, undoubtedly, the best answer.
    Anonymous

• God Bless you! Most women I know would not have had that child. If your worried about questions regarding her appearance tell everyone she looks like your grandfather or someone else on your side of the family they never met. How would they know the difference?
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 12:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009