Would I for sure know if I was leaking amniotic fluid?

Ok...this is kind of embarrassing but this morning I got up and had to blow my nose. Well when I did warm liquid started running down my leg but the thing is I also had to pee really bad and my baby is very low in the pelvis so he's putting a ton of pressure on my bladder SO I'm thinking I may have just peed my self a little.

It wasn't a lot but definately noticable and enough to run to the floor. I haven't noticed any more "gushes" like that but I've been pretty wet down there all day. It's not the gooy pregnancy discharge wet though. It's watery.

Could my water have broken or do think I probably just peed myself? Would I for sure know if it was my water breaking?

I'm 37 weeks 5 day pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was told to smell the liquid.. u will dif know if its pee..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• smell it, if it smells sweet it's your fluid, if it smells like pee... well... ha ha. I say go to the doc if u can and find out. My friend thought her water broke and went to the hospital and she had only peed herself, but it's VERY COMMON for that to happen. It's better to check and find out than to have the babys head coming out in your living room!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009