How much do you spend on gifts for your child for there birthday?

I was just curious to see what people spend on gifts. I am not rich by no means. But I know that my limit is $100. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal or to much. We spend more on her at Christmas time. Thanks:)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I managed to do my daughter's Christmas and Birthday for under $50 this year (she was born two days before Christmas). She only turned 2, though, so I got a lot of her toys at the dollar store.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Both my kids B-days are in August so it's hard to spend a lot since I have to buy for two at the same time. Same with Christmas...but I usually spend about $100 for B-days...but I also give my daughter her new school clothes as B-day gifts she feels like she's getting more stuff and I would have had to buy the stuff anyway. I'll do the same for my son when he starts school.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 11:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• trust me, we are not rich either. we live paycheck to paycheck. my son's bday is this monday. we are throwing him a party with about 40 guest. ( he's turning two) and we are going to spend about 200 dollars in presents (we bought a power wheels f15 0 which we split the cost with my father) and i plan on picking up a couple small items for him to open.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 11:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• $20-30 for my kids $10-$20 on friends kids plus if i can i throw a party.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• There is alot of nice cheap thing at dollar stores and at biglots and roses. My daughter turns one on sept 26th but me and my hubby probably wont spend more than $75. We live week by week.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I only spend $25 on each of my kids for their birthdays. I don't see the need to spend more. Between grandparents, aunts and uncles, and friends, they get more than enough. I don't think that I spend $100 on them at Christmas either for the same reason.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my kids aren't spoiled during the year so at birthdays and Christmas I tend to go crazy. Usually bdays are around 100 for gifts and extra for the party.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Usually between $100-$200 depending on how big the birthday party is. Not all of that is on material gifts though. I do gift cards to movies, playscapes, theme parks, the zoo or whatever we like to do so that during the year he can have memory days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• $25-50 plus a small party.
    Anonymous