sitting up

My son is 6 months old and still can't sit up by himself, he is trying to crawl and even starting to stand should i b concerned?

Kanebaby7705

Asked by Kanebaby7705 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no concern my daughter couldnt sit up really good alone til about 7.5 months old. each baby is different.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My son didn't sit up well by himself until he was 10 months old; before that he had to prop himself with his hands like a tripod. I read somewhere that babies' head control isn't even as good as it's going to get until 6-7 months, so it stands to reason that sitting up might be a bit difficult until at least then.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my son is 7 months, he doesnt sit up by himself either, he can for awhile but eventually falls to the side or back. but he cant crawl either or pull himself to stand. guess he's just happy where he is?!?!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• wow I was so glad to read your post I thought I had the only backwards child mine is 6.5 months and has been trying to crawl for a couple weeks now but he would not sit on his own he has discovered now if he pushes himself back on his feet he can push over to his butt and has more of an intrest in trying to sit now he can however get anywhere he wants in my house BACKWARDS! and when he gets to the couch he pulls himself up to get to his brothers. I have been told it's come I think mine just can't still long enough to sit!
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 2:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Thanks to all who replied, I really value your input.
    Kanebaby7705

Answer by Kanebaby7705 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009