havnt gained weight in a while...

im 33 weeks pregnant with my second child. i started out thin, with both pregnancies, and with my first pregnancy i gained 50lbs and so far with the second one ive gained 30lbs so far, but i havnt gained any weight in at least a month! is it normal to plateau like that? my dr didnt say anything about it, but im a little nervous about the baby not gaining weight....anyone?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 11:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gained about 30 pounds with my first and only 20 with my second. I started out my second 10 pounds heavier than my first though. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    Becca713

Answer by Becca713 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Are you eating properly? And is your dr. measuring you? If both are yes and the dr. isn't worried then you shouldn't worry.

I only gained 7 lbs with my first full term baby and 10 with my twins, they only went to 32 weeks though. My first weighed almost 7 pounds herself.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was the same way..I lost about 7 or 8 pounds the first 4 months of this pregnancy...by week 24 I had gained it all and was at my pre-pregnancy weight until 2 weeks ago at 35 weeks, last week i went to the doc and finally gained another 2 pounds. My doctor has always told me it was okay just that everything I ate was going to the baby and that he's healthy. She did tell me to stick to my vitamins though just because the baby is taking everything from me, which explained alot of my tireness.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i didnt gain anything during either of my pregnancies! I lost so much at the beginning of them that I wasnt able to gain it all back so I was under my pre-pregnancy weight both times. It really isnt a big deal at all
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009