calories and reastfeeding

My son will be turning one in a month and while I still plan to nurse him I don't plan on nursing as much, I am going to do the method of "don't offer don't refuse." of weaning him. I have been taking in roughly 1900 calories while breastfeeding and have not been losing any weight since he was 4 months old. I am stuck at 153 lbs. Even though literature tells me that i should be losing weight at that caloric intake since I am exclusively breastfeeding. Anyway my goal is 120. I am 5'2" with a sm/ med build so thats where I have been told I need to be.
So my question is since my son will be nursing alot less do I need to cut more calories? if so how much? I generally have a healthy diet lots of fresh fruits and veggies water lean meats and am recently trying to incorporate fish into my diet as well. So I feel like i should be losing.

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 11:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• The World Health Organization,operating without the influences of the dairy,formula &porn industries(unlike US doctors)recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months. Remember that cow milk is for baby cows,& humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, &despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is what the doctors at the Physicians Comm for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html.I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes. I can list some;contact me for recipes.
    Noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    Veggie pot pie
    Lentil tacos
    Squashed macaroni
    Sweet potato & black bean burritos
    Sloppy jojos (made with lentils)
    Italian stew
    Veggie stew with dumplings (crockpot)
    Southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    Tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato or acorn squash baked fries
    Tamale Bean Pie

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009