kind of just venting..

I have sort of said something about this before, but its really bothering me, and i need some support lol. soo i'm getting induced tomorrow night, which was my drs suggestion (I will be 41 weeks), which happens to be my bfs daughters bday. Her mom just called and was like "you didn't have that baby yet? She can't be born on her birthday, because she needs her own birthday", and then she was like "it really doesnt matter, but still", even though I KNOW she is very selfish and will throw a fit if my baby is born on her daughters birthday. It makes me feel like i'm doing something wrong, even though it's not my choice. At OUR house, our daughter doesnt even get her own room because his kids have the other bedroom to our apartment, so I feel like she needs something of her "own" too.. but i'm not throwing a fit. IDK.. probably just my nerves and hormones, but would you feel like this too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• . . . and she is your friend why? That is terrible! She needs to get over herself and realize that it doesn't matter. None of my friends would ever say that to me, and if they did, they wouldn't be friends with me. You are not doing anything wrong. Your baby will come when she comes, and your friend needs to get over it. Did she think about your health or your child's health if you went any longer? Your baby will have something of her "own" and that will be that you are her mommy. Don't worry about the room situation, if anything you can have her close to you for longer, and really bond with her.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• At 41 weeks pregnant- you can DO say or feel HOWEVER you want!!!!!

Hang in there- :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 12:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you need to tell her to grow up! i had the same problem when my first was born. my aunt called and raised hell that my baby was being induced on her daughter bday! i told her that i didnt care, it was not up to me and she could deal with it! I know it might not be easy for you to say that but either way she will have to get over it. and about the bed room situation, talk to your man. let him know how you feel. it could be that he wants the baby to be in the room with you. or he could have another reason. either way sweetie this is suspose to be a happy time, dont hold your feelings in , you will just begin to resent him and the whole family. worry about your child and you first , then decide weither the people who cause you problems and stress are worth you caring about!
    good luck!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 12:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• lol i agree with jessica sea! my dr is talking about schedualling a c section for me (cuz i had one last time and it hastn been two years yet and all that good stuff) and already ive got my mom AND my mother in law asking me to switch the apt date! i just told them you know what? my husband is here and thats really the only one i care about so make it work or dont! =) sounds harsh but really if its gonna INCONVINIENCE someone then i dont need their negative energy around me! hang in there, 41 weeks has gotta be rough! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• *poster*

oh she is not my friend at all. she was just calling to see when my bf was going to pick their daughter up today, and I happened to be the only one home and answered it. I never thought of it that way, like you said her having her own mommy. That actually made me feel a little bit better! Thanks!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about it. Your baby will be just as special and so will her birthday whether she shares or not.

BUT if it really bothers you can either just wait for baby to come on her own or schedule your induction for later. Your not really over due until 42 weeks.
    Anonymous

• *poster*

I am glad there are others out there with situations similar. I figured, "it would happen to me so that there is just that much more to worry about". My bf thinks its no big deal, because then he can throw one birthday party for the both of them..lol. I didn't have to share a bday growing up, but I can't imagine it being that bad. Think of the kids that are multiples, right?

I tried talking to him about the bedroom situation, since his kids don't live with us, only every other weekend..but i think he feels like he is being a bad dad if he takes their huge room away. we are planning on getting bunk beds for them, which will help..but money is the problem lol.

41 weeks isnt as bad as i thought it would be..just the anticipation and waiting is horrible! lol
    Anonymous

• dont listen to what his kids mom has to say. it's your family and your health thats most important. if the doctor says you need to be induced and thats the day he gave you, then thats when it should be done. i'm sure your baby will grow up and have no issue with it! good luck with everything!
    Mishl0806

Answer by Mishl0806 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would stand your ground on the room situation. It just isn't practical to only utilize that big room for 2 days in a 14 day period. I think if anything, the baby should get the room, and the other children can share when they come to visit. Maybe after your bf has a few sleepless nights because the baby is bunking in your room, he will reconsider. he he he

Good luck with everything! I am sure that no matter the sleeping situation, or the birthday situation, everything will work it self out.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009