Should I feel bad if.....

Okay my DD's bday was only 6 mo ago & so wasnt xmas (dur) but the point is that some of the toys ppl got her I am finding that I want/need to pack up & donate to the thrift store. Should I feel bad that I am pushing these items out the door so soon after recieveing them? I mean these things she hasent shown any interest in & I believe will not be interesting for her ever! What do you moms think?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, honestly, I think donating them is better than throwing them away. If you really don't think she is going to be interested in them in the future (and you do know your child the best) than I would probably do the same thing. I don't have space for things that my child would never use either.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• no, i definatly wouldnt feel bad. at least your donating them! if it was me, i would be trying to return them to the store and get money or store credit back so i could get something else. but theres no need to rub it in the faces of who ever got you the toys.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Thanks I am a firm believer in donating what we dont use. We also buy things at the thrift store for dirt cheap all the time & a lot of those toys my DD LOVES the best! I simply feel bad that someone spent money on my DD to get her something really nice and she dosent like it! Oh well I too have gotten her things before that I thought she would like and she ends up simply no interested in it ever.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No!! What should matter how long its been in your house. If its unused and still good shape donate so some other child can enjoy it!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009